May 15, 2018
Nominations for the 2018 Offshore Safety Awards are closing soon.
Companies and individuals who go the extra mile to improve offshore safety have been encouraged to submit award entries by 18 May to be in with a chance of being crowned an industry safety champion.
The awards – organised by Oil & Gas UK and Step Change in Safety with TOTAL as principal sponsor – recognise the people and companies taking great strides to make operations on the UK Continental Shelf as safe as possible.
Finalists will be announced at the end of June, with the award ceremony taking place on 29 August at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.
The award categories for this year are as follows:
- Safety Leadership – for an inspirational leader who motivates and engages their team to work safely.
- Safety Representative of the Year – for an enthusiastic and committed safety rep that is driving the safety agenda at their worksite.
- Innovation in Safety – for a company which has put in place a clever process or technique to improve safety either across an organisation or at an individual worksite.
- Workforce Engagement – for an individual or team which has actively embraced engagement with its employees on safety matters, showing how a commitment to worker involvement in safety has contributed to an improvement in safety performance.
- Operational Integrity – for an individual or team which has delivered increased efficiency or understanding of risk by putting in place sensible and proportionate risk management solution(s).
- Sharing and Learning – for an individual/team or company that can demonstrate a learning and sharing culture either within their organisation, or who has made a significant contribution to health and safety through active participation in, or engagement with Oil & Gas UK or Step Change in Safety.
For full details on the categories and how to enter, visit: www.offshoresafetyawards.com
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.