Member Login / Register

Find out more about BP’s North Sea Decommissioning projects here.

Repsol Sinopec have established a dedicated, integrated team focused on late life optimisation and executing decommissioning, as one, read more here.

Click the link below to find out more about Shell’s decommissioning projects:

http://www.shell.co.uk/sustainability/decommissioning.html

 

Decommissioning is one of the biggest technical and operational challenges facing the UKCS. The Oil & Gas Technology Centre’s aim is to identify, co-fund and manage projects that will accelerate technologies to drive down the costs of decommissioning, whilst creating a robust supply chain to service this global demand.

Click here to find out more: https://theogtc.com/solution-centres/decommissioning/

To find out more about decommissioning programmes; including dates, locations, installations decommissioned, method of decommissioning and close-out reports where available, visit the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy’s website:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/oil-and-gas-decommissioning-of-offshore-installations-and-pipelines

Follow the link below to download production projections from the Oil and Gas Authority

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/data-centre/data-downloads-and-publications/production-projections/

Follow the link below to access the Oil and Gas Authority’s tool created to help construct decommissioning roadmaps.

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/decommissioning/decommissioning-roadmap/

Follow the link below to download the OSPAR Inventory of Offshore Installations – 2015 document

https://odims.ospar.org/documents/686 

L2P2 is Decom North Sea’s late life planning portal.

Follow this link for more details:

https://l2p2.net/SitePages/Home.aspx 

North Sea operators and contractors will share their forward activity plans with the supply chain at a major industry event in Aberdeen this November.

 

Share Fair – organised by Oil & Gas UK – will take place on November 1 at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre. This year’s event also aims to strengthen the resilience of the UK’s oil and gas supply chain by showcasing opportunities for businesses to diversify into other industrial sectors including nuclear and renewables.
Ken Cruickshank, Supply Chain Manager with Oil & Gas UK, said:

 

“Representatives from seven operator and major contractor companies will give a look ahead to activity that’s coming up over the next 18 months to two years.  We’ve found in the past that this information can be a shot to the arm for supply chain companies who can gain valuable intelligence about future projects, and a better understanding of how their equipment, expertise and services could be deployed to meet the needs of potential clients.

 

“The presenters will also shed light on some of the technical or operational problems they are encountering, encouraging potential suppliers to discuss possible solutions.

 

“Share Fair is promoting a more collaborative approach to business, and by getting suppliers involved in projects at an earlier stage, it supports efforts to maximise economic recovery of the UK Continental Shelf.”

 

“Many companies are keen to understand how they can increase their resilience in the current downturn and apply their existing skills and technologies to other industries. This year Share Fair will have organisations including the Energy Industries Council (EIC) promoting some of the global opportunities available in other sectors such as renewables, and nuclear.”

 

Places can be booked on Oil & Gas UK’s website here . Exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities are still available – contact [email protected] to arrange.

 

ENDS

 

Notes to Editors:

 

Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279 / [email protected] or Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331/[email protected] or Natalie Coupar on 01224 577343/[email protected] .

 

 

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

The quest to find this year’s most outstanding individuals and companies reaches a stage closer as Oil & Gas UK today announces the finalists for its 2017 annual awards.

 

The judging panel for the industry’s flagship event, sponsored by Shell U.K. Limited, has selected the finalists from nearly 100 nominations and the winners will be announced at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on Thursday, 2 November 2017.

 

Stephen Marcos Jones, Oil & Gas UK’s director of business excellence, said:

 

“The Oil & Gas UK Awards celebrate some of the amazing individuals and high-performing companies in the oil and gas industry whose commitment has resulted in achievements that are an inspiration to us all.

 

The judges tell us that they were particularly impressed by the calibre of the nominations this year and our thanks go to everyone who submitted entries for what proves to have been a richly-contested competition.”

 

The awards, which fall into two categories, provide the opportunity to recognise outstanding performance at a company level as well as recognising the contribution of high-performing individuals in the industry.

 

In the company category, the finalists are:

 

Workforce Engagement – SME

  • Churchill Drilling Tools
  • Fairfield Energy Limited
  • Ramco

 

Workforce Engagement – Large Enterprise – sponsored by ECITB

  • Aker Solutions Ltd
  • Lloyd’s Register
  • Proserv

 

Business Innovation and Efficiency – Large

  • BP
  • Shell U.K. Limited – Brent
  • Shell U.K. Limited – Leman Alpha

Diversity and Inclusiveness

  • Atkins
  • Centrica
  • Shell U.K. Limited – Wells Department

 

The finalists in the category for the individual awards are:

 

Mentor of the Year        

  • Euan Duncan, BP
  • Alexandra Mary Fordham, Chevron North Sea Limited
  • Bruce Lawson, Total E&P UK Limited

 

Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by OPITO

  • Sam Ash, Nexen Petroleum UK Ltd
  • Rob Budgen, Proserv UK Ltd
  • Abbey Thomson, Shell U. K. Limited

Graduate of the Year    

  • Oyin Adeniji, Centrica
  • Tyne Bradley, Shell U.K. Limited
  • Jo Reynolds, BP

 

Finalists for the MER UK Award, sponsored by the Oil and Gas Authority, and the Press and Journal Ultimate Gold Award will be announced in due course.

 

 

ENDS

 

Notes to Editors:

 

Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279 / [email protected], Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331/[email protected] or Natalie Coupar on 01224 577343/[email protected]
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

An update of the Code of Practice on Access to Upstream Oil and Gas Infrastructure on the UK Continental Shelf (known as the ICoP) is published by Oil & Gas UK today (August 30).

The intention of the code of practice is to encourage companies to conduct timely and constructive negotiations when seeking new capacity in the extensive production and transportation infrastructure underpinning the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).

The project has been delivered by a broad cross section of operators and infrastructure owners, working closely with the OGA and Oil & Gas UK, and demonstrates the industry’s commitment to work collaboratively for the broadest benefit of the UKCS.

Mike Tholen, Oil & Gas UK’s upstream policy director, said:

“The willingness by so many companies to participate in the update of the Infrastructure Code of Practice is a testament to the cultural change that the industry has undergone over the last two years. Companies are aligned in their intent to make the UKCS the most attractive mature basin in the world in which to do business.”

The ICOP guidance will be of particular relevance to commercial, legal, technical and operational staff and consultants working in this field and guidance notes have been published to provide best practice proposals for each stage of negotiations to access UKCS infrastructure.

The publication is available from the Oil & Gas UK website .

ENDS

Notes to Editors

Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331 / [email protected].

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

The people and companies doing their utmost for offshore safety were today (August 23) recognised for their efforts at a key industry event.

The winning entries of six categories were announced at the Offshore Safety Awards, jointly organised by Oil & Gas UK and Step Change in Safety, with Maersk Oil as principal sponsor.

Our Offshore Safety Awards’ winners with Oil & Gas UK’s Mick Borwell and Step Change in Safety’s Les Linklater

The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference event heard speeches from Maersk Oil Chief Operating Officer Martin Rune Pedersen and offshore worker and award-winning safety rep Stuart Mann, who was representing Step Change in Safety’s G18 committee of elected safety reps.

Attendees also heard ‘pitches’ from each finalist about their nomination in an event format designed to aid sharing and learning.

The Chevron-sponsored Award for Safety Leadership, which recognises motivational leaders who have had a positive impact on workplace safety, was awarded to Kevin Mitchell, Offshore Intervention Team Leader at ConocoPhillips.

Kevin has been an integral part of the offshore well intervention team which has now achieved 14 years without a recordable incident – under Kevin as Team Leader.

Safety Representative of the Year – sponsored by Wood Group – was won by Tommy Timms, Offshore Technician at Nexen Petroleum UK in recognition of his role as an enthusiastic and committed safety representative who is furthering the safety agenda at their worksite.

Tommy, Nexen’s Safety Representative of the Year for 2016, supports the crew of the Golden Eagle installation by sharing weekly safety messages and ensuring two-way communication between management and staff.

Bureau Veritas sponsored this year’s Innovation in Safety award, which was presented to Peterson in recognition of their efforts to put in place a process or technique which has improved safety either across an organisation or at an individual worksite.

Peterson has created a range of interconnected digital logistics tools, which have allowed for improvements in safety procedures and provided cost savings.

The award for Workforce Engagement – sponsored by Halliburton – was won by Team DSV Bibby Topaz for their commitment to worker involvement in safety and an improvement in safety performance.

The team on the DSV Bibby Topaz responded to workforce feedback from a recent safety culture survey. They used this information to positively enhance Bibby Offshore’s Safety Leadership in Action programme.

Aker Solutions sponsored this year’s Operational Integrity award, which was collected by Centrica in recognition of their increased efficiency and understanding of risks through sensible and proportionate risk management solutions.

Bob Taylor and the asset integrity DROPS campaign team at Centrica act as a ‘fast response’ team to address damage or wear to jacket structures/topsides which are nearing the end of their design life, guarding against incidents and dropped objects and rectifying issues with new resources at their disposal.

The award for Sharing and Learning – sponsored by Centrica – was presented to BP North Sea Aviation Team for demonstrating learning and sharing culture within their organisation and/or making a significant contribution to health and safety through active participation in, or engagement with, Oil & Gas UK or Step Change in Safety.

BP’s North Sea Aviation Team has developed, created and shared an animation which demonstrates the effects and dangers of helicopter downdraft and increases workforce understanding around this phenomenon.

To mark the 20th anniversary of Step Change in Safety there was also an additional award – Outstanding Contribution.

The Offshore Safety Awards committee decided to present the award to Jake Molloy of the RMT union.

Jake has championed safety throughout his career and in his 10 years on the Step Change in Safety Leadership Team has always been outspoken and fundamentally committed to safety and workforce engagement.

Mick Borwell, Health, Safety and Environment Policy Director, Oil & Gas UK said: “We heard details of some really great safety initiatives and it must have been a tough call for our judges and those voting at the event to come to their final decisions.  We always say safety is a core value for our industry but our event actually demonstrates that, and all our finalists should be proud of the part they are playing in keeping our people safe.”

Les Linklater, Executive Director of Step Change in Safety, said: “Every year we see an increase in innovation and dedication to safety offshore. This year’s winners and finalists have shown that if you think outside the box there are practices, procedures and innovations which enhance the safety of those working in our industry. We are delighted that this year’s awards were so well received and I’d like to thank the nominees, finalists and winners for playing their part in helping us progress towards making the UKCS the safest place to work in the global oil and gas industry.”

ENDS

Notes to Editors: ​

Issued jointly by Step Change in Safety and Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Adviser Charlotte Westwell on 07538 501773 or Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279.

About Oil & Gas UK

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

About Step Change in Safety (SCiS)

Step Change in Safety is a member-led organisation which has more than 150 oil and gas operators and suppliers as members.

The organisation was founded in 1997 by the trade union associations, in line with Oil & Gas UK (O&G UK) with the strategy to reduce injury rate in the North Sea by up to 50%. Some years later the organisation became independent of O&G UK and delivered the mission to make the UKCS the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry.

Since then Step Change in Safety has delivered significant and industry changing projects and guidance, including Simplification, Workforce Engagement, Boots on for Safety, Joined-Up Thinking and Major Accident Hazards, which have been adopted by most of its members.

 

 

 

 

 

The Technology Leadership Board’s (TLB) role is to be the single industry voice defining UKCS technology priorities and strategy in support of MER UK objectives and export growth.

More information about the priorities and future plans of the TLB is available at this link-

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/about-us/mer-uk-forum-task-forces/technology-leadership-board/

Knowledge Transfer Network is Innovate UK’s network partner and also provides innovation networking for other funders in line with its mission to drive UK growth.

More information can be found at this link here – https://www.ktn-uk.co.uk/

OGIC connects with oil and gas companies with new ideas to world-class research expertise within Scotland’s universities.

More information about funding new projects is available at this link here http://www.ogic.co.uk/funding-3/

The British Business Bank does some good guides for businesses on the different types of financial product available from the market.

More information can be found from the website at this link https://thebusinessfinanceguide.co.uk/?utm_source=p&utm_medium=o&utm_campaign=bbb

 

Feedback from the frontline will be shared by an award-winning offshore safety rep at an industry celebration taking place on Wednesday (Aug 23).

Stuart Mann will share some of his North Sea safety experiences at the Offshore Safety Awards organised by Oil & Gas UK and Step Change in Safety and taking place at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.

Stuart Mann gives the view from the workforce at the Offshore Safety Awards

The heating, ventilation and air conditioning technician – who became a safety rep in 2006 – is one of the speakers at the event which celebrates the people and companies going the extra mile for offshore safety.

The father-of-three was named BP’s Safety Rep of the Year in 2008 and then the following year took the title of Safety Rep of the Year at the UK Oil and Gas Industry Safety Awards: the predecessor to the Offshore Safety Awards.

Stuart, who chairs BP’s UK Safety Reps Forum and is part of Step Change’s G18 committee of elected safety reps, said: “As well as giving a personal view of safety offshore, I look forward to hearing more about the different safety ideas and initiatives that have earned the finalists their place in the Offshore Safety Awards.”

Maersk Oil is principal sponsor of the Awards. Chief Operating Officer Martin Rune Pederson, who is also addressing the event, said: “Maersk Oil is proud to sponsor the Offshore Safety Awards as the leading industry celebration of safety best practice. The recent Oil & Gas UK Health and Safety Report shows that the industry is making positive progress, and this event encourages the knowledge sharing and learning across the industry which promotes further improvement.”

ENDS

Notes to Editors:

Media are welcome to attend the awards which begin at 8.30am and end at 1pm with the winners being announced at 11.20am. Please confirm your attendance with Oil & Gas UK Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279 / [email protected]

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

About Step Change in Safety (SCiS)

Step Change in Safety is a member-led organisation which has more than 150 oil and gas operators and suppliers as members.

The organisation was founded in 1997 by the trade union associations, in line with Oil & Gas UK (O&G UK) with the strategy to reduce injury rate in the North Sea by up to 50%. Some years later the organisation became independent of O&G UK and delivered the mission to make the UKCS the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry.

Since then Step Change in Safety has delivered significant and industry changing projects and guidance, including Simplification, Workforce Engagement, Boots on for Safety, Joined-Up Thinking and Major Accident Hazards,  which have been adopted by most of its members.

dftgfgfgfghghcghcghcghghgh

The mission of UK Export Finance – UKEF is to ensure no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.

To gain access to UKEF’s products and services , please click on this link here https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-export-finance-products-and-services

 

BP – North Sea Decommissioning

Find out more about BP’s North Sea Decommissioning projects here.

Repsol Sinopec

Repsol Sinopec have established a dedicated, integrated team focused on late life optimisation and executing decommissioning, as one, read more here.

Shell

Click the link below to find out more about Shell’s decommissioning projects:

http://www.shell.co.uk/sustainability/decommissioning.html

 

OGTC – Decommissioning Solution Centre

Decommissioning is one of the biggest technical and operational challenges facing the UKCS. The Oil & Gas Technology Centre’s aim is to identify, co-fund and manage projects that will accelerate technologies to drive down the costs of decommissioning, whilst creating a robust supply chain to service this global demand.

Click here to find out more: https://theogtc.com/solution-centres/decommissioning/

Decommissioning programmes

To find out more about decommissioning programmes; including dates, locations, installations decommissioned, method of decommissioning and close-out reports where available, visit the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy’s website:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/oil-and-gas-decommissioning-of-offshore-installations-and-pipelines

Production Projections

Follow the link below to download production projections from the Oil and Gas Authority

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/data-centre/data-downloads-and-publications/production-projections/

Decommissioning Roadmap

Follow the link below to access the Oil and Gas Authority’s tool created to help construct decommissioning roadmaps.

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/decommissioning/decommissioning-roadmap/

OSPAR Inventory 2015

Follow the link below to download the OSPAR Inventory of Offshore Installations – 2015 document

https://odims.ospar.org/documents/686 

L2P2

L2P2 is Decom North Sea’s late life planning portal.

Follow this link for more details:

https://l2p2.net/SitePages/Home.aspx 

New business and diversification opportunities flagged at oil and gas Share Fair

North Sea operators and contractors will share their forward activity plans with the supply chain at a major industry event in Aberdeen this November.

 

Share Fair – organised by Oil & Gas UK – will take place on November 1 at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre. This year’s event also aims to strengthen the resilience of the UK’s oil and gas supply chain by showcasing opportunities for businesses to diversify into other industrial sectors including nuclear and renewables.
Ken Cruickshank, Supply Chain Manager with Oil & Gas UK, said:

 

“Representatives from seven operator and major contractor companies will give a look ahead to activity that’s coming up over the next 18 months to two years.  We’ve found in the past that this information can be a shot to the arm for supply chain companies who can gain valuable intelligence about future projects, and a better understanding of how their equipment, expertise and services could be deployed to meet the needs of potential clients.

 

“The presenters will also shed light on some of the technical or operational problems they are encountering, encouraging potential suppliers to discuss possible solutions.

 

“Share Fair is promoting a more collaborative approach to business, and by getting suppliers involved in projects at an earlier stage, it supports efforts to maximise economic recovery of the UK Continental Shelf.”

 

“Many companies are keen to understand how they can increase their resilience in the current downturn and apply their existing skills and technologies to other industries. This year Share Fair will have organisations including the Energy Industries Council (EIC) promoting some of the global opportunities available in other sectors such as renewables, and nuclear.”

 

Places can be booked on Oil & Gas UK’s website here . Exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities are still available – contact [email protected] to arrange.

 

ENDS

 

Notes to Editors:

 

Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279 / [email protected] or Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331/[email protected] or Natalie Coupar on 01224 577343/[email protected] .

 

 

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

Outstanding performers reach the penultimate stage of Oil & Gas UK Awards 2017

The quest to find this year’s most outstanding individuals and companies reaches a stage closer as Oil & Gas UK today announces the finalists for its 2017 annual awards.

 

The judging panel for the industry’s flagship event, sponsored by Shell U.K. Limited, has selected the finalists from nearly 100 nominations and the winners will be announced at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on Thursday, 2 November 2017.

 

Stephen Marcos Jones, Oil & Gas UK’s director of business excellence, said:

 

“The Oil & Gas UK Awards celebrate some of the amazing individuals and high-performing companies in the oil and gas industry whose commitment has resulted in achievements that are an inspiration to us all.

 

The judges tell us that they were particularly impressed by the calibre of the nominations this year and our thanks go to everyone who submitted entries for what proves to have been a richly-contested competition.”

 

The awards, which fall into two categories, provide the opportunity to recognise outstanding performance at a company level as well as recognising the contribution of high-performing individuals in the industry.

 

In the company category, the finalists are:

 

Workforce Engagement – SME

  • Churchill Drilling Tools
  • Fairfield Energy Limited
  • Ramco

 

Workforce Engagement – Large Enterprise – sponsored by ECITB

  • Aker Solutions Ltd
  • Lloyd’s Register
  • Proserv

 

Business Innovation and Efficiency – Large

  • BP
  • Shell U.K. Limited – Brent
  • Shell U.K. Limited – Leman Alpha

Diversity and Inclusiveness

  • Atkins
  • Centrica
  • Shell U.K. Limited – Wells Department

 

The finalists in the category for the individual awards are:

 

Mentor of the Year        

  • Euan Duncan, BP
  • Alexandra Mary Fordham, Chevron North Sea Limited
  • Bruce Lawson, Total E&P UK Limited

 

Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by OPITO

  • Sam Ash, Nexen Petroleum UK Ltd
  • Rob Budgen, Proserv UK Ltd
  • Abbey Thomson, Shell U. K. Limited

Graduate of the Year    

  • Oyin Adeniji, Centrica
  • Tyne Bradley, Shell U.K. Limited
  • Jo Reynolds, BP

 

Finalists for the MER UK Award, sponsored by the Oil and Gas Authority, and the Press and Journal Ultimate Gold Award will be announced in due course.

 

 

ENDS

 

Notes to Editors:

 

Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279 / [email protected], Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331/[email protected] or Natalie Coupar on 01224 577343/[email protected]
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

Industry commitment to collaboration demonstrated in infrastructure access guidance

An update of the Code of Practice on Access to Upstream Oil and Gas Infrastructure on the UK Continental Shelf (known as the ICoP) is published by Oil & Gas UK today (August 30).

The intention of the code of practice is to encourage companies to conduct timely and constructive negotiations when seeking new capacity in the extensive production and transportation infrastructure underpinning the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).

The project has been delivered by a broad cross section of operators and infrastructure owners, working closely with the OGA and Oil & Gas UK, and demonstrates the industry’s commitment to work collaboratively for the broadest benefit of the UKCS.

Mike Tholen, Oil & Gas UK’s upstream policy director, said:

“The willingness by so many companies to participate in the update of the Infrastructure Code of Practice is a testament to the cultural change that the industry has undergone over the last two years. Companies are aligned in their intent to make the UKCS the most attractive mature basin in the world in which to do business.”

The ICOP guidance will be of particular relevance to commercial, legal, technical and operational staff and consultants working in this field and guidance notes have been published to provide best practice proposals for each stage of negotiations to access UKCS infrastructure.

The publication is available from the Oil & Gas UK website .

ENDS

Notes to Editors

Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331 / [email protected].

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

Safety champions announced at industry awards

The people and companies doing their utmost for offshore safety were today (August 23) recognised for their efforts at a key industry event.

The winning entries of six categories were announced at the Offshore Safety Awards, jointly organised by Oil & Gas UK and Step Change in Safety, with Maersk Oil as principal sponsor.

Our Offshore Safety Awards’ winners with Oil & Gas UK’s Mick Borwell and Step Change in Safety’s Les Linklater

The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference event heard speeches from Maersk Oil Chief Operating Officer Martin Rune Pedersen and offshore worker and award-winning safety rep Stuart Mann, who was representing Step Change in Safety’s G18 committee of elected safety reps.

Attendees also heard ‘pitches’ from each finalist about their nomination in an event format designed to aid sharing and learning.

The Chevron-sponsored Award for Safety Leadership, which recognises motivational leaders who have had a positive impact on workplace safety, was awarded to Kevin Mitchell, Offshore Intervention Team Leader at ConocoPhillips.

Kevin has been an integral part of the offshore well intervention team which has now achieved 14 years without a recordable incident – under Kevin as Team Leader.

Safety Representative of the Year – sponsored by Wood Group – was won by Tommy Timms, Offshore Technician at Nexen Petroleum UK in recognition of his role as an enthusiastic and committed safety representative who is furthering the safety agenda at their worksite.

Tommy, Nexen’s Safety Representative of the Year for 2016, supports the crew of the Golden Eagle installation by sharing weekly safety messages and ensuring two-way communication between management and staff.

Bureau Veritas sponsored this year’s Innovation in Safety award, which was presented to Peterson in recognition of their efforts to put in place a process or technique which has improved safety either across an organisation or at an individual worksite.

Peterson has created a range of interconnected digital logistics tools, which have allowed for improvements in safety procedures and provided cost savings.

The award for Workforce Engagement – sponsored by Halliburton – was won by Team DSV Bibby Topaz for their commitment to worker involvement in safety and an improvement in safety performance.

The team on the DSV Bibby Topaz responded to workforce feedback from a recent safety culture survey. They used this information to positively enhance Bibby Offshore’s Safety Leadership in Action programme.

Aker Solutions sponsored this year’s Operational Integrity award, which was collected by Centrica in recognition of their increased efficiency and understanding of risks through sensible and proportionate risk management solutions.

Bob Taylor and the asset integrity DROPS campaign team at Centrica act as a ‘fast response’ team to address damage or wear to jacket structures/topsides which are nearing the end of their design life, guarding against incidents and dropped objects and rectifying issues with new resources at their disposal.

The award for Sharing and Learning – sponsored by Centrica – was presented to BP North Sea Aviation Team for demonstrating learning and sharing culture within their organisation and/or making a significant contribution to health and safety through active participation in, or engagement with, Oil & Gas UK or Step Change in Safety.

BP’s North Sea Aviation Team has developed, created and shared an animation which demonstrates the effects and dangers of helicopter downdraft and increases workforce understanding around this phenomenon.

To mark the 20th anniversary of Step Change in Safety there was also an additional award – Outstanding Contribution.

The Offshore Safety Awards committee decided to present the award to Jake Molloy of the RMT union.

Jake has championed safety throughout his career and in his 10 years on the Step Change in Safety Leadership Team has always been outspoken and fundamentally committed to safety and workforce engagement.

Mick Borwell, Health, Safety and Environment Policy Director, Oil & Gas UK said: “We heard details of some really great safety initiatives and it must have been a tough call for our judges and those voting at the event to come to their final decisions.  We always say safety is a core value for our industry but our event actually demonstrates that, and all our finalists should be proud of the part they are playing in keeping our people safe.”

Les Linklater, Executive Director of Step Change in Safety, said: “Every year we see an increase in innovation and dedication to safety offshore. This year’s winners and finalists have shown that if you think outside the box there are practices, procedures and innovations which enhance the safety of those working in our industry. We are delighted that this year’s awards were so well received and I’d like to thank the nominees, finalists and winners for playing their part in helping us progress towards making the UKCS the safest place to work in the global oil and gas industry.”

ENDS

Notes to Editors: ​

Issued jointly by Step Change in Safety and Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Adviser Charlotte Westwell on 07538 501773 or Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279.

About Oil & Gas UK

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

About Step Change in Safety (SCiS)

Step Change in Safety is a member-led organisation which has more than 150 oil and gas operators and suppliers as members.

The organisation was founded in 1997 by the trade union associations, in line with Oil & Gas UK (O&G UK) with the strategy to reduce injury rate in the North Sea by up to 50%. Some years later the organisation became independent of O&G UK and delivered the mission to make the UKCS the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry.

Since then Step Change in Safety has delivered significant and industry changing projects and guidance, including Simplification, Workforce Engagement, Boots on for Safety, Joined-Up Thinking and Major Accident Hazards, which have been adopted by most of its members.

 

 

 

 

 

Technology Leadership Board

The Technology Leadership Board’s (TLB) role is to be the single industry voice defining UKCS technology priorities and strategy in support of MER UK objectives and export growth.

More information about the priorities and future plans of the TLB is available at this link-

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/about-us/mer-uk-forum-task-forces/technology-leadership-board/

Knowledge Transfer Network

Knowledge Transfer Network is Innovate UK’s network partner and also provides innovation networking for other funders in line with its mission to drive UK growth.

More information can be found at this link here – https://www.ktn-uk.co.uk/

The Oil & Gas Innovation Centre

OGIC connects with oil and gas companies with new ideas to world-class research expertise within Scotland’s universities.

More information about funding new projects is available at this link here http://www.ogic.co.uk/funding-3/

British Business Bank

The British Business Bank does some good guides for businesses on the different types of financial product available from the market.

More information can be found from the website at this link https://thebusinessfinanceguide.co.uk/?utm_source=p&utm_medium=o&utm_campaign=bbb

 

Offshore experiences to be shared at ceremony celebrating safety

Feedback from the frontline will be shared by an award-winning offshore safety rep at an industry celebration taking place on Wednesday (Aug 23).

Stuart Mann will share some of his North Sea safety experiences at the Offshore Safety Awards organised by Oil & Gas UK and Step Change in Safety and taking place at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.

Stuart Mann gives the view from the workforce at the Offshore Safety Awards

The heating, ventilation and air conditioning technician – who became a safety rep in 2006 – is one of the speakers at the event which celebrates the people and companies going the extra mile for offshore safety.

The father-of-three was named BP’s Safety Rep of the Year in 2008 and then the following year took the title of Safety Rep of the Year at the UK Oil and Gas Industry Safety Awards: the predecessor to the Offshore Safety Awards.

Stuart, who chairs BP’s UK Safety Reps Forum and is part of Step Change’s G18 committee of elected safety reps, said: “As well as giving a personal view of safety offshore, I look forward to hearing more about the different safety ideas and initiatives that have earned the finalists their place in the Offshore Safety Awards.”

Maersk Oil is principal sponsor of the Awards. Chief Operating Officer Martin Rune Pederson, who is also addressing the event, said: “Maersk Oil is proud to sponsor the Offshore Safety Awards as the leading industry celebration of safety best practice. The recent Oil & Gas UK Health and Safety Report shows that the industry is making positive progress, and this event encourages the knowledge sharing and learning across the industry which promotes further improvement.”

ENDS

Notes to Editors:

Media are welcome to attend the awards which begin at 8.30am and end at 1pm with the winners being announced at 11.20am. Please confirm your attendance with Oil & Gas UK Communications Manager Jennifer Phillips on 01224 577279 / [email protected]

Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.

About Step Change in Safety (SCiS)

Step Change in Safety is a member-led organisation which has more than 150 oil and gas operators and suppliers as members.

The organisation was founded in 1997 by the trade union associations, in line with Oil & Gas UK (O&G UK) with the strategy to reduce injury rate in the North Sea by up to 50%. Some years later the organisation became independent of O&G UK and delivered the mission to make the UKCS the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry.

Since then Step Change in Safety has delivered significant and industry changing projects and guidance, including Simplification, Workforce Engagement, Boots on for Safety, Joined-Up Thinking and Major Accident Hazards,  which have been adopted by most of its members.

Test supply news

dftgfgfgfghghcghcghcghghgh

UK Export Finance – UKEF

The mission of UK Export Finance – UKEF is to ensure no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.

To gain access to UKEF’s products and services , please click on this link here https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-export-finance-products-and-services

 

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -