Oil & Gas UK maintains this site (‘the Site’) primarily in furtherance of its principal objectives:
Access to and use of the Site are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your use of the Site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to them, please do not use the Site.
- Oil & Gas UK uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the materials and information contained on the Site are current and accurate; Oil & Gas UK offers the materials and information in good faith and believes that the information is correct at the date when you view it. However neither Oil & Gas UK nor its members make any representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of the materials and information. In using the Site you assume the entire risk of relying on the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site linked to of from the Site. The materials and information are supplied to you on the condition that you or any other person receiving them will make their own determination as to their suitability and appropriateness for any proposed purpose prior to their use.
- As a service to users of the Site Oil & Gas UK has provided numerous links to other sites, whether by Hypertext or other links. These sites are not under the editorial control of Oil & Gas UK and Oil & Gas UK takes no responsibility whatsoever for the contents.
- No representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, of merchantable quality, of fitness for a particular purpose or use or of any other nature whatsoever are made with respect to the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site connected to or from it. Where a product or service provided by or through Oil & Gas UK is referred to in the materials or information any such representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are specifically excluded. Where the Site provides you with a facility for subscribing to or purchasing any product or service provided by the Institute of its affiliates additional terms and conditions of contract may apply; you should read the appropriate order or registration form carefully.
- Copyright: All materials and information contained on the Site, except where specifically stated otherwise, together will all other elements created for the Site are the property of Oil & Gas UK and are governed by copyright and other applicable intellectual property laws at the time they are made available on the Site. Copies of documents contained on the Site may only be made available for information purposes and solely for the private use of the Site user. Any use or reproduction of such documents for any other purpose whatsoever is expressly forbidden. No Licence or right, other than the right to view on the Site, is granted to any person in respect of any intellectual property rights.
- The corporate name, logos and devices of Oil & Gas UK mentioned or depicted on the Site are the property of Oil & Gas UK and may not be used or reproduced without the prior written agreement of Oil & Gas UK.
- Privacy Statement: Oil & Gas UK recognises and respects the privacy of users of the Site. Oil & Gas UK does not collect personal information about users of the Site unless it is provided voluntarily. If you contact Oil & Gas UK by e-mail, your personal information including your e-mail address will not be shared with or provided to third parties. If you purchase or obtain products or services from Oil & Gas UK online you will be asked to provide personal information to Oil & Gas UK or its affiliates. Such information will be used solely for the purpose of processing the transaction. Oil & Gas UK may collect and maintain statistics about the Web Servers used to contact it. This enables Oil & Gas UK to track usage of the Site and of particular sectors within the Site and thereby to improve the content of the Site. These statistics do not include personal information about the individual users.
- Jurisdiction: Your use of the Site and all matters relating to the interpretation and operation of these terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of the Site.
- Special Provisions for the use of the Oil & Gas UK Standard Agreements for the UK Offshore Oil & Gas Industry website:
These Standard Agreements for the UK Offshore Oil & Gas Industry have been developed by Oil & Gas UK and are issued in good faith for use in the UK offshore oil & gas industry. However, they may not be appropriate for every circumstance and do not deal with every eventuality. By downloading a copy of any of these Standard Agreements, the user accepts that the individual members of Oil & Gas UK and their respective companies, organisations and associated bodies shall have no liability, whether in contract, tort/delict (including negligence) or howsoever, for any loss arising out of their use and that it is the user’s responsibility to take legal advice in each instance, in particular but without limitation on any relevant changes in law since the Standard Agreement was issued.
© Oil & Gas UK all rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced by any means, or transmitted, or translated into a machine language without the written permission of Oil & Gas UK.