Annual Review of Challenges & Risks to the Development of the UK’s Oil & Gas Sector
Oil & Gas UK would like to invite you to register for our joint Westminster Energy Forum-Oil & Gas UK Annual Review of the development of the UK’s Oil & Gas sector.
This seminar is taking place on the morning of Monday 7th November and will involve c. 150 senior execs, NGOs & Embassy representatives, and will be held under the Chatham House Rule to encourage frank discussion.
Details of the session agenda can be found below. Approx. 50 places are reserved for Oil & Gas UK members and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Chair – Anna Howell, Co-Head Global Energy Sector, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Ambitions and priorities for BREXIT negotiations in the context of the oil and gas sector
Hedvig Ljungerud, Director Policy, Performance & Economics, Oil & Gas Authority
- Operational challenges for oil co’s in the UKCS, and the importance of frontier regions in the future
Mike Backus, Vice President – Operations, Nexen CNOOC
- UKCS Annual Economic Review, the industrial risk issues, and the context of Europe
Mike Tholen, Upstream Policy Director, Oil & Gas UK
- Gas inflows to Europe: current E&P in the context of rising LNG exports, market demand & pricing
Jean-Pierre Mateille, Vice President Trading, TOTAL
- The view from Parliament: will UK energy policy be reset now to sufficiently support the UKCS in the long term?
Peter Aldous MP, Chair, All Party Parliamentary Oil & Gas Group
- Downstream gas and the context of European energy markets
Dr Mark Turner, Senior Manager, Energy Markets and Analytics practice, Baringa Partners
For more details contact: